From: Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus@rath.org>
To: Maxim Patlasov <mpatlasov@virtuozzo.com>
Cc: fuse-devel@lists.sourceforge.net,
	Miklos Szeredi <mszeredi@redhat.com>,
	linux-fsdevel <linux-fsdevel@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [fuse] writeback cache triggers read() for O_WRONLY files - bug?
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2017 21:13:12 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Maxim,

Any reason the kernel doesn't fix up the flags before sending the open
request?

I assume the kernel will enforce that userspace can't read from a file
opened with O_WRONLY if writeback cache is enabled? Is the same also
true without writeback cache, i.e. can the filesystem safely ignore
O_WRONLY/O_RDONLY at all times?

Thanks!
-Nikolaus

--
GPG Fingerprint: ED31 791B 2C5C 1613 AF38 8B8A D113 FCAC 3C4E 599F