On Mon 2017-07-31 18:10:39 +0200, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote: > No, not a chance. Compression is really better left for upper layers. > I'm not sure I see the value in adding at layer 3. This is an > especially contentious issue because of the history of complex and > catastrophic interactions between compression and encryption (such as > the CRIME and BREACH attacks against TLS). I just wanted to second this response. Jason's making absolutely the right choice here, since content-agnostic transports like wireguard have no way of knowing whether a given stream is a mixture of confidentiality-sensitive data and attacker-controlled data. If your application layer knows that certain things can be safely compressed, it should do the compression itself. --dkg