* [Qemu-devel] QEMU Command Line Options
@ 2014-03-28  6:25 Qasim Maqbool
From: Qasim Maqbool @ 2014-03-28  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

I need to add a few command line options to QEMU. However, I am yet to
determine how QEMU takes input from the command line and parses the option
values. I have tried looking at various files including vl.c and cmd.c but
nothing seems to work right now.

Can anyone put me on the right path here? Or am I trying to do something
which is impossible?

Thanks.

* Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU Command Line Options
@ 2014-03-28  7:38 ` junqing.wang
From: junqing.wang @ 2014-03-28  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Qasim Maqbool; +Cc: qemu-devel

hi, Qasim:
     pls refer to 'qemu-options.hx' and the big switch in 'vl.c'.

Thanks,
Jules.

Hi,

@ 2014-03-28 11:22 ` Alex Bennée
From: Alex Bennée @ 2014-03-28 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Qasim Maqbool; +Cc: qemu-devel

Qasim Maqbool <qasim.maqbool@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I need to add a few command line options to QEMU. However, I am yet to
> determine how QEMU takes input from the command line and parses the option
> values. I have tried looking at various files including vl.c and cmd.c but
> nothing seems to work right now.
>
> Can anyone put me on the right path here? Or am I trying to do something
> which is impossible?

Your on the right track but the missing piece is updating
qemu-options.hx.

If you look at the patch I recently posted to the list:

    qemu-log: new option -dfilter to limit output

You should be able to see all the bits I added.

--
Alex Bennée

* Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU Command Line Options
@ 2014-03-31  6:29   ` Qasim Maqbool
From: Qasim Maqbool @ 2014-03-31  6:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Bennée; +Cc: qemu-devel