Hi Vladimir, On Tue Sep 08 2020, Vladimir Oltean wrote: > On Tue, Sep 08, 2020 at 12:14:12PM +0200, Kurt Kanzenbach wrote: >> On Mon Sep 07 2020, Vladimir Oltean wrote: >> > New drivers always seem to omit setting this flag, for some reason. >> >> Yes, because it's not well documented, or is it? Before writing the >> hellcreek DSA driver, I've read dsa.rst documentation to find out what >> callback function should to what. Did I miss something? > > Honestly, Documentation/networking/dsa/dsa.rst is out of date by quite a > bit. And this trend of having boolean flags in struct dsa_switch started > after the documentation stopped being updated. Maybe it would be good to document new flags when they're introduced :). > > But I didn't say it's your fault for not setting the flag, it is easy to > miss, and that's what this patch is trying to improve. > >> > So let's reverse the logic: the DSA core sets it by default to true >> > before the .setup() callback, and legacy drivers can turn it off. This >> > way, new drivers get the new behavior by default, unless they >> > explicitly set the flag to false, which is more obvious during review. >> >> Yeah, that behavior makes more sense to me. Thank you. > > Ok, thanks. Is this merged? I don't see it. Do I have to set `configure_vlan_while_not_filtering' explicitly to true for the next hellcreek version? Thanks, Kurt