Nagarathnam Muthusamy writes: > Hi Eric, > >     From > https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ebiederm/user-namespace.git/tree/ipc/shm.c?h=for-next > > It looks like if the following condition in Line 616 succeeds > > error = PTR_ERR(file); > if (IS_ERR(file)) >     goto no_file; > > we get to no_file with garbage value in shm_cprid. An attempt to > put_pid on this garbage value might be causing panic. > > We could initialize shm_cprid to NULL as soon as it was created. Yes. I misread the kvmalloc as a kvzalloc. I am planning on placing the pid freeing under the no_id label instead of the no_file label. Which should also avoid the issue. It is a rare enough issue an incremental patch should be fine. Eric