Hi, Yoshihiro Shimoda writes: >> From: Sudip Mukherjee >> Sent: Saturday, April 09, 2016 12:05 AM >> >> The return type of usbhsp_setup_pipecfg() was u16 but it was returning >> a negative value (-EINVAL). Instead lets return a pointer to u16 which >> will hold the value to be returned or in case of error, return the >> error code in ERR_PTR. > > Thank you for the patch! > I also think this usbhsp_setup_pipecfg() should return error code using correct variable type. > > However, I would like to avoid to use ERR_PTR and kmalloc() somehow because > I feel this patch is complex a little. > How about the usbhsp_setup_pipecfg() prototype is changed like the following? > > static int usbhsp_setup_pipecfg(struct usbhs_pipe *pipe, > int is_host, int dir_in, u16 *pipecfg); IMO, this makes much more sense. -- balbi