Antti Palosaari writes: > On 06/01/2011 12:45 PM, Bjørn Mork wrote: >> Don't know the proper fix. My naïve quick-fix was just to move struct >> cxd2820r_priv into cxd2820r.h and making the function static inlined. >> However, I do see that you may not want the struct in cxd2820r.h. But I >> trust that you have a brilliant solution to the problem :-) > > Actually I don't have any idea about that. Help is welcome. Well, my straight forward approach is attached if you find that useful. I removed the whole function call, since it was only ever called from one place. But that is your call. I assume the fancy solution involves symbol trickery ala what dvb_attach() does. You do of course know that the symbol is available at the point where em28xx-dvb calls it, as the cxd2820r_attach() must have succeeded. So "all" you need to do is to prevent the module tools from being too smart. Bjørn