On Sat Aug 06 2022, Vladimir Oltean wrote: > Looking at hellcreek_phylink_get_caps(), I see that depending on whether > is_100_mbits is set, speeds of 1G or of 100M will be advertised. The > de1soc_r1_pdata sets is_100_mbits to true. > > The PHY modes declared in the capabilities are MII, RGMII and GMII. GMII > doesn't support 100Mbps, and as for RGMII, it would be a bit implausible > to me to support this PHY mode but limit it to only 25 MHz. So I've > settled on MII as a phy-mode in the example, and a fixed-link of > 100Mbps. > > As a side note, there exists such a thing as "rev-mii", because the MII > protocol is asymmetric, and "mii" is the designation for the MAC side > (expected to be connected to a PHY), and "rev-mii" is the designation > for the PHY side (expected to be connected to a MAC). I wonder whether > "mii" or "rev-mii" should actually be used here, since this is a CPU > port and presumably connected to another MAC. > > Signed-off-by: Vladimir Oltean Reviewed-by: Kurt Kanzenbach