Luke Diamand writes: > On 23 February 2016 at 20:56, Amadeusz Żołnowski wrote: >> >> To simplify things, why not just update ref during submit from bare >> repository? As you have pointed out, if user invokes submit in this >> context he/she actually wants to submit from bare repo and probably >> knows what he/she is doing - especially if he/she reads man page. (-: > > Will it do something sensible if anything goes wrong? > > I'm thinking about what happens if you submit and one of the commits > fails to go to P4 due to a merge conflict. Handling failures in this case is a bit tricky, indeed. > But I guess just doing an update-ref could be an OK thing to do. > Without actually trying it out for real though I can't be sure. It > might make sense to get some practical experience of how this works > out. True. For now I have these cases covered by wrapper scripts. The minimum I need from git-p4 is just not to fail on git submit from bare repository which is covered by patch I have submitted. If I get my solution enough testing, I'd think of transforming it into patch for git-p4.py as well. -- Amadeusz Żołnowski