Alexander Aring writes: > On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 03:07:44PM -0800, Eric Anholt wrote: > ... >> > >> > But still getting this panic, your patches does not contain some >> > defconfig, so I still try to figure out what I need to enable to get it >> > working. Maybe it is some missing config entry which should be enabled. >> > >> > But, for me it looks like some devicetree issue, because of_iomem returns >> > NULL, at [0]. Don't know what I am doing wrong. >> >> My best guess is that since you're not using U-Boot, the firmware's >> mangling the DT in some way that breaks us. Notably, in my current >> firmware checkout, set /soc/ranges to just the first entry that we're >> using, which would break the mapping. However, >> rpi/rpi-4.4.y:arch/arm/boot/dts/bcm2709.dtsi uses the same /soc/ranges >> setup that we do, so I'm not sure what's going on. Perhaps >> bcm2709_io_desc[]'s initialization covers for it? > > I boot here with two different bootloaders, both ends in the same panic. > > Finally I figured out if I do a user/kernel split (2G/2G) then the > issue is gone. Huh. Not sure what's going on there. > Later I need to enable "CONFIG_HAVE_ARM_ARCH_TIMER" so the kernel > doesn't hang forever. I'll add a dependency for that -- we definitely want the arch timer. I would have thought that the 2835 timer would still be able to make things work, though. > After finally booting the RPi2 I get several messages of: > > unexpected IRQ trap at vector 00 > > while typing _one_ character over uart. We were doing some debugging of that recently. It seems that every once in a while we get woken up but nothing shows up in the top-level status register. We need to just make the irqchip ignore instead of trying to look up a handler in that case, but I haven't prioritized it because it makes me worry that I'm just papering over a problem in our IRQ masking or something. I haven't seen any problems other than the printk, though. > Can you provide somehow your RPi2 kernelconfig? http://people.freedesktop.org/~anholt/dotconfig-bcm2836-2015-12-22.txt