On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 17:00:54 -0500, Shawn Pearce wrote: > > There is git-stash/git-unstash floating somewhere in the archive. Yes, I did write those once upon a time. ;-) It's the manual stash/unstash that I don't want though. I want to be able to make this happen automatically when switching branches. > I find that a "git commit -a -m parked; git checkout -b ..." works > well to stash my current stuff off. Then I just amend the commit > when I come back to that branch. Yes, I do stuff like that as well. And often "reset HEAD~" instead of amend, (always with a moment's pause as reset justly deserves). > The problem I just ran into today was "git checkout" doesn't double > check the file stat data against the index before switching branches. > If the file is unchanged between the two branches there's no error. > So I switched branches with dirty files that I forgot to park on > the old branch. Right, so that's just more evidence that this approach is a little awkward. Anyway, the stashing thing I want is a minor thing that should be easy to fix in git, (as is everything we're talking about here I think). -Carl