Hi Guenter, Guenter Roeck writes: > The parameters passed to allow_link and drop_link functions are never NULL. > That means the result of container_of() on those parameters is also > never NULL, even if the reference into the structure points to the first > element of the structure. Remove the subsequent NULL checks. > > The changes in this patch were made automatically using the following > Coccinelle script. > > @@ > type t; > identifier v; > statement s; > @@ > > <+... > ( > t v = container_of(...); > | > v = container_of(...); > ) > ... > when != v > - if (\( !v \| v == NULL \) ) s > ...+> > > Cc: Laurent Pinchart > Cc: Felipe Balbi > Cc: Greg Kroah-Hartman > Signed-off-by: Guenter Roeck > --- > After the recent discussion about a patch which tried to add a check > against NULL after container_of(), I realized that there are a number > of such checks in the kernel. > > Now the big question: Are patches like this acceptable, or do they count > as noise ? Not noise in my book :-) Acked-by: Felipe Balbi -- balbi