On Thu, Mar 09 2017, Jens Axboe wrote: > On 03/09/2017 09:32 PM, NeilBrown wrote: >> >> I started looking further at the improvements we can make once >> generic_make_request is fixed, and realised that I had missed an >> important detail in this patch. >> Several places test current->bio_list, and two actually edit the list. >> With this change, that cannot see the whole lists, so it could cause a >> regression. >> >> So I've revised the patch to make sure that the entire list of queued >> bios remains visible, and change the relevant code to look at both >> the new list and the old list. >> >> Following that there are some patches which make the rescuer thread >> optional, and then starts removing it from some easy-to-fix places. > > Neil, note that the v2 patch is already in Linus tree as of earlier > today. You need to rebase the series, and if we need fixups on > top of v2, then that should be done separately and with increased > urgency. I had checked linux-next, but not the latest from Linus. I see it now - thanks! I'll rebase (and ensure nothing gets mangled) Thanks, NeilBrown