Philippe Mathieu-Daudé writes: > +Sven > > On 12/1/22 22:07, Helge Deller wrote: >> This patch fixes two problems which prevented Linux to access the >> artist graphics framebuffer: >> The check if the framebuffer or the color map should be accessed was >> incomplete. By using the vram_read/write_bufidx() functions we now check >> correctly if ARTIST_BUFFER_CMAP should be accessed. >> The second fix is to correctly calculate the X- and Y-coordinates >> and >> check against the graphics resolution. >> With this fix in place, the Linux stifb driver now works correctly, >> shows the penguins at bootup and uses the stifb as graphics console. > > Cool, could you add a test similar to these? > > $ git grep Tux tests/avocado/ > tests/avocado/machine_arm_integratorcp.py:69: Boot Linux and > verify the Tux logo is displayed on the framebuffer. > tests/avocado/machine_mips_malta.py:44: Boot Linux kernel and > check Tux logo is displayed on the framebuffer. > >> I haven't seen any negative side effects when running HP-UX. Hmm, the patch below breaks hp-ux 10.20 for me, please see the attached screenshot.