From: "Alex Bennée" <alex.bennee@linaro.org>
To: 沈梦姣 <shen.mengjiao3@icloud.com>
Cc: qemu-devel@nongnu.org
Subject: Re: How does the TB chaining works?
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 17:13:07 +0100	[thread overview]

沈梦姣 <shen.mengjiao3@icloud.com> writes:

> I just see the current TB’s code pointer given to prologue which works as function call. But how to jump to the next TB to execution instead exit the execution and entry the prologue again?

The first time a block is translated it will exit back to the main loop.
After the next block is translated the previous TB is patched via
tb_add_jump which calls tb_set_jmp_target to set the target TB.

Computed jumps or jumps that cross page boundaries are generally handled
via the lookup_tb_ptr helper function.

--
Alex Bennée