* Can we re-use dw-hdmi-ahb-audio ?
@ 2016-04-14  9:08 Kuninori Morimoto
From: Kuninori Morimoto @ 2016-04-14  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Brown, Lars-Peter Clausen
  Cc: Linux-ALSA, Liam Girdwood, Simon, linux-renesas-soc

Hi

I know we already have dw-hdmi-ahb-audio.c which is based on
normal ALSA style, but I would like to use it as ASoC.
I'm thinking that we can separate this existing dw-hdmi-ahb-audio driver
into "common parts" and ahb "specific parts", and share common parts with ASoC,
like below, but what do you think ?

dw-hdmi-audio.c		: dw-hdmi audio common function set
dw-hdmi-ahb-audio.c	: dw-hdmi audio for ahb,  using dw-hdmi-audio.c
dw-hdmi-soc-audio.c	: dw-hdmi audio for ASoC, using dw-hdmi-audio.c

* Re: Can we re-use dw-hdmi-ahb-audio ?
@ 2016-04-18 19:01 ` Mark Brown
From: Mark Brown @ 2016-04-18 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kuninori Morimoto
  Cc: Lars-Peter Clausen, Linux-ALSA, Liam Girdwood, Simon, linux-renesas-soc

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 09:08:24AM +0000, Kuninori Morimoto wrote:

> I know we already have dw-hdmi-ahb-audio.c which is based on
> normal ALSA style, but I would like to use it as ASoC.
> I'm thinking that we can separate this existing dw-hdmi-ahb-audio driver
> into "common parts" and ahb "specific parts", and share common parts with ASoC,
> like below, but what do you think ?

> dw-hdmi-audio.c		: dw-hdmi audio common function set
> dw-hdmi-ahb-audio.c	: dw-hdmi audio for ahb,  using dw-hdmi-audio.c
> dw-hdmi-soc-audio.c	: dw-hdmi audio for ASoC, using dw-hdmi-audio.c

Something similar has been done for other things like the PXA drivers in
the past.  It might get tricky to work out how to instantiate things
though.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Can we re-use dw-hdmi-ahb-audio ?
@ 2016-04-19  3:10   ` Kuninori Morimoto
From: Kuninori Morimoto @ 2016-04-19  3:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Brown
  Cc: Lars-Peter Clausen, Linux-ALSA, Liam Girdwood, Simon, linux-renesas-soc

Hi Mark

> > dw-hdmi-audio.c		: dw-hdmi audio common function set
> > dw-hdmi-ahb-audio.c	: dw-hdmi audio for ahb,  using dw-hdmi-audio.c
> > dw-hdmi-soc-audio.c	: dw-hdmi audio for ASoC, using dw-hdmi-audio.c
>
> Something similar has been done for other things like the PXA drivers in
> the past.  It might get tricky to work out how to instantiate things
> though.

Thanks.
I need investigate more

Best regards