* Patchwork cleanup
@ 2014-09-10 19:12 Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2014-09-10 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OE-core

Hi,

I've started running the patchwork post-receive hook manually and
marking as submitted many patches in the queue, but as there's 132
patches of patches still (down from 140-odd!) in an attempt to restore
sanity to the oe-core I think we should just mark as obsolete every
patch that was submitted before a cutoff date, say 1st January 2014.
Any thoughts?  As much as I'd love to ensure we didn't drop an
excellent patch from 2012, I'm not going to manually check all the
patches that the tool can't find automatically...

Ross

* Re: Patchwork cleanup
@ 2014-09-10 20:21 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2014-09-10 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: OE-core

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 12:12 PM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton@intel.com> wrote:

> I've started running the patchwork post-receive hook manually and
> marking as submitted many patches in the queue, but as there's 132
> patches of patches still (down from 140-odd!) in an attempt to restore
> sanity to the oe-core I think we should just mark as obsolete every
> patch that was submitted before a cutoff date, say 1st January 2014.
> Any thoughts?  As much as I'd love to ensure we didn't drop an
> excellent patch from 2012, I'm not going to manually check all the
> patches that the tool can't find automatically...

I think its ok. Thanks for doing it.

* Re: Patchwork cleanup
@ 2014-09-10 21:06   ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2014-09-10 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: OE-core

On 10 September 2014 21:21, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 12:12 PM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton@intel.com> wrote:
>>
>> I've started running the patchwork post-receive hook manually and
>> marking as submitted many patches in the queue, but as there's 132
>> patches of patches still (down from 140-odd!) in an attempt to restore
>> sanity to the oe-core I think we should just mark as obsolete every
>> patch that was submitted before a cutoff date, say 1st January 2014.
>> Any thoughts?  As much as I'd love to ensure we didn't drop an
>> excellent patch from 2012, I'm not going to manually check all the
>> patches that the tool can't find automatically...
>
> I think its ok. Thanks for doing it.

As you have access to the server, do you think you could do this with
a carefully crafted bit of SQL directly to the database?  The
alternative would be to find the patch ID that corresponds to "a year
ago" and edit the state of every ID below that, which might take some
time...

Ross

* Re: Patchwork cleanup
@ 2014-09-11  9:00     ` Paul Eggleton
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2014-09-11  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: openembedded-core

On Wednesday 10 September 2014 22:06:42 Burton, Ross wrote:
> On 10 September 2014 21:21, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 12:12 PM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton@intel.com>
wrote:
> >> I've started running the patchwork post-receive hook manually and
> >> marking as submitted many patches in the queue, but as there's 132
> >> patches of patches still (down from 140-odd!) in an attempt to restore
> >> sanity to the oe-core I think we should just mark as obsolete every
> >> patch that was submitted before a cutoff date, say 1st January 2014.
> >> Any thoughts?  As much as I'd love to ensure we didn't drop an
> >> excellent patch from 2012, I'm not going to manually check all the
> >> patches that the tool can't find automatically...
> >
> > I think its ok. Thanks for doing it.
>
> As you have access to the server, do you think you could do this with
> a carefully crafted bit of SQL directly to the database?  The
> alternative would be to find the patch ID that corresponds to "a year
> ago" and edit the state of every ID below that, which might take some
> time...

To be honest I'd rather not be this heavy-handed. I'd like to see what patches
might have fallen through the cracks; but that shouldn't mean that we have to
go through and mark them by hand. If you want me to look at writing a script
to do this I can, but I'd probably need a copy of the database to work with.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton