* Article about the OSD Journal
@ 2015-03-24 21:49 Marcel Lauhoff
       [not found] ` <659248388.5725609.1427268133773.JavaMail.zimbra@oxygem.tv>
From: Marcel Lauhoff @ 2015-03-24 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

Hi,

another shameless plug: I wrote an article about the OSD Journal:

http://irq0.org/articles/ceph/journal

It focuses on the "How?" with some pointers to the code.

I hope someone will find it useful. Feedback is greatly appreciated!

~marcel

--
Marcel Lauhoff
Mail/XMPP: ml@irq0.org

* Re: Article about the OSD Journal
       [not found] ` <659248388.5725609.1427268133773.JavaMail.zimbra@oxygem.tv>
@ 2015-03-25  7:22   ` Alexandre DERUMIER
From: Alexandre DERUMIER @ 2015-03-25  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcel Lauhoff; +Cc: ceph-devel

Hi,

thanks you very much ! It's very very nice article.

I didn't known about "nojournal" feature.
Does it make sense for full ssd setup ? or is it only a test/debug option ?

@ 2015-03-26  9:53     ` Marcel Lauhoff
From: Marcel Lauhoff @ 2015-03-26  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexandre DERUMIER; +Cc: ceph-devel

Hi,

Alexandre DERUMIER <aderumier@odiso.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I didn't known about "nojournal" feature.
> Does it make sense for full ssd setup ? or is it only a test/debug option ?

To the best of my knowledge, no, "nojournal" isn't an alternative.

In nojournal mode transaction commit acknowledgements are fired after a
sync of the data disk. Meaning every 0.01 - 5 seconds in bulk.

~marcedl

--
Marcel Lauhoff
Mail/XMPP: ml@irq0.org