On Montag, 8. Oktober 2018 18:43:37 CEST John Gorkos wrote: [...] > > This sounds wrong. You should not rebroadcast any OGM. You should > > only rebroadcast from the best candidate. I'm wondering whether > > this could cause issues. Or are you testing with a single > > EspressIF and a single Pi only for now? > I must have a misunderstanding of the BATMAN IV OGM mechanism. My > understanding is that ALL 1-hop (direct) neighbors will rebroadcast the > heard OGM, and beyond that, only best-hop candidates. Yes, single hop neighbors have special rules. But it is also important to check for the incoming+outgoing interface [1]. [...] > So, to be clear, I'm working on BATMAN IV and not BATMAN V. Based on > the open-mesh docs, BATMAN V networks don't rebroadcast OGMs but instead > use the Echo Location Packets. Am I reading that wrong? Yes, you are wrong. ELP are used in a link-local context (detecting neighbors and announcing itself to neighbors). OMG2 are used to inform the complete mesh. > If there's a > compelling reason to move to BATMAN V, I'd be happy to take a look at > it. B.A.T.M.A.N. V is using a different metric. IV is using one which is basically packet loss based for direct neighbors and V is using the expected throughput for direct neighbors. Unfortunately, the ELP documentation [2] in the wiki is outdated [3]. Kind regards, Sven [1] https://git.open-mesh.org/batman-adv.git/blob/6f6cc4f54909127b236069207fe5691d31c29b24:/net/batman-adv/bat_iv_ogm.c#l1411 [2] https://www.open-mesh.org/projects/batman-adv/wiki/ELP [3] https://www.open-mesh.org/issues/363