* [LTP] Help...
@ 2010-08-23  6:17 ARJIT SHARMA
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: ARJIT SHARMA @ 2010-08-23  6:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp-list, Ltp-list-request

please help me in getting short discriptions about the testscases used in
ltp, and what they do....

--
Arjit........

http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-atom-d2d

* Re: [LTP] Help...
@ 2010-08-23  6:22 ` Fu, Yingang
From: Fu, Yingang @ 2010-08-23  6:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ARJIT SHARMA, ltp-list, Ltp-list-request

This is a long story....

They are divided into categories which under runtest directory.
For example,
        fs: testcase collections to test fs
       math ...
       syscalls ...

Thanks
Yingang

________________________________

	please help me in getting short discriptions about the
testscases used in ltp, and what they do....

	--
	Arjit........

Make an app they can't live without
http://p.sf.net/sfu/RIM-dev2dev

* Re: [LTP] Help...
@ 2010-08-23  6:33 ` Garrett Cooper
From: Garrett Cooper @ 2010-08-23  6:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ARJIT SHARMA; +Cc: ltp-list, Ltp-list-request

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 11:17 PM, ARJIT SHARMA <joyarjit@gmail.com> wrote:
> please help me in getting short discriptions about the testscases used in
> ltp, and what they do....

1. Use a pertinent subject line so others know what to expect and it's
searchable by subject in the archives.
2. Read doc/testcases, for one, and also browse the files under
runtest for more details.
3. Read doc/ltp-howto.txt for an overview of LTP.

HTH,
-Garrett

* Re: [LTP] Help...
@ 2010-08-23  6:34   ` Garrett Cooper
From: Garrett Cooper @ 2010-08-23  6:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ARJIT SHARMA; +Cc: LTP list

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 11:33 PM, Garrett Cooper <yanegomi@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 11:17 PM, ARJIT SHARMA <joyarjit@gmail.com> wrote:
>> please help me in getting short discriptions about the testscases used in
>> ltp, and what they do....
>
> 1. Use a pertinent subject line so others know what to expect and it's
> searchable by subject in the archives.
> 2. Read doc/testcases, for one, and also browse the files under
> runtest for more details.
> 3. Read doc/ltp-howto.txt for an overview of LTP.

Almost forgot...

4. Do not CC ltp-list-request@ please. It's completely unnecessary and
no one will reply to the email there.

Thanks,
-Garrett

* Re: [LTP] Help...
@ 2010-08-24  7:00 ` Kiran.Girmaji
From: Kiran.Girmaji @ 2010-08-24  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joyarjit, ltp-list, Ltp-list-request

Here is some description about syscall testcases -

http://ltp.sourceforge.net/archive/old_pages/coverage/temp/descriptions.
html

-          Kiran

please help me in getting short discriptions about the testscases used
in ltp, and what they do....

--
Arjit........

http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-atom-d2d

* [LTP] help..
@ 2010-09-15  9:49 ARJIT SHARMA
From: ARJIT SHARMA @ 2010-09-15  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp-list, Ltp-list-request

hi,
    i am facing the problem that whenever i do some changes in the code
of testcases and then do 'make' , 'make install' in the testcase directory
which is contained in ltp-intermediate folder,  then the executables inside
"ltp/testcases/bin"
are not getting modified.
how can i recompile/modify the executables inside "ltp/testcases/bin"

Arjit Sharma.

http://p.sf.net/sfu/novell-sfdev2dev

* Re: [LTP] Help....
@ 2010-08-16 13:33 ` Cyril Hrubis
From: Cyril Hrubis @ 2010-08-16 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ARJIT SHARMA; +Cc: ltp-list, Ltp-list-request

Hi!
> please help me by telling that how to disable the function "tst_rmdir()" in
> LTP.
> this function is causing lots of failures in many testcases.
> mainly tests in dio testcase are failing because of some error in this
> function.
> i tried lots of things,like made the function "tst_rmdir()" to skip. Bt
> still there is same error.
> the error is like dat-----     "Tst_rmdir():failed:errno=16: device or
> resource busy."
> please help me out as soon as possible.

Function tst_rmdir() does cleanup of temporary directories used for
testing, when it's failing either you test setup or system is broken.

Hmm errno 16 says that someone is still using these directories when
test is going to delete them and exit. You could try to track this down
with lsof and fuser.

--
Cyril Hrubis
chrubis@suse.cz