Hi, And now for something completely different. I started the libsata tests on one of the four machines I'll be doing these tests on. At the moment I'm testing on 'lilith', which is my multi-harddisk server and playground. At the moment I am hammering /dev/sda5, which is an ext4dev partition with bonnie++. sda is attached to my onboard ATA controller, driven by pata_via. At the same moment I am doing a full resync of my MD RAID1 device with two stripes. Both stripes are on seperate 120GB disks, where one disk is attached to a PCI controller, driven by pata_sil680 and one disk attached to an onboard Promise ATA controller, driven by pata_pdc2027x. I confirmed that all devices are driven by the new libsata drivers, it can't be very much differentr since I disabled the entire "old" IDE stack. :) So, let's see how things go, so far so good. For those who are interested, I attached the output of an lspci -vvv. The file name has "stage1" included since I'll be adding my PCI cards one by one to isolate problems to a single bus or card. I hope my test input helps a bit. Patrick