On 06/01/2018 06:08 AM, Ruediger Meier wrote: > On Friday 01 June 2018, Karel Zak wrote: >> For last 17 years in Red Hat based distros is available hardlink(1) >> util, man hardlink: >> >> hardlink traverses one or more directories searching for duplicate >> files. When it finds duplicate files, it uses one of them as the >> master. It then removes all other duplicates and places a >> hardlink for each one pointing to the master file. This allows for >> conservation of disk space where multiple directories on a single >> filesystem contain many dupli cate files. >> >> ... >> >> the util is little bit orphaned, what about to add this util to >> util-linux to make it available for another distros and keep it >> maintained in serious way? ;-) > > +1 > >> >> https://src.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/hardlink.git/ > > The original and almost identical repo is this: > https://pagure.io/hardlink.git > > I've CC'ed the project admin Kevin Fenzi. I've also added my co-maintainer (tsao@fedoraproject.org). He's done most of the recent work on it, I haven't had time to do much with it at all. I'd personally be in favor of it moving into util-linux. Hopefully it would get more time and attention there and more widespread use. If tsao agrees, lets make it happen. kevin