From: Marius Gravdal <mariusg@gmail.com>
To: linux-lvm@redhat.com
Subject: [linux-lvm] Inconsistent metadata
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 15:51:44 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi!
Just thought I'd share something with all of you.
I had a problem with my LVM recently and I was quite frustrated when I
couldn't fix it. I've been searching around the net for quite some
time now before I managed to fix it thanks to a post to this list.

Here's the problem I had, exactly the same problem actually. Just a
little bit different hardware setup.
http://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-lvm/2003-October/msg00041.html

And here's the solution in the same thread:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-lvm/2003-October/msg00055.html

I was just wondering if it would be possible to add this to the
official LVM FAQ, cause I was about to wipe my entire LVM and start
over from (the-not-so-complete) backups. If this info would be easier
to access we might save someone else out there from a lot of downtime
and from maybe even doing what I planned to do.

All that said, thanks for saving my LVM. It made my day :) (or
something more like a month probably)

-- marius