* Switch to a different Python3 version
@ 2021-09-21 20:00 Lijun Chen
From: Lijun Chen @ 2021-09-21 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Currently we are building a Yocto image based on Hardknott release, which includes python 3.9.4. Due to a App constraint, we have to downgrade Python3 to 3.8. I tried copying over 3.8.5 bb file and associated poky/meta/recipes-devtools/python/python3/ folder, but the building failed. What is the best way to switch/downgrade python3 version?

Thanks,

Lijun

* Re: [yocto] Switch to a different Python3 version
@ 2021-09-21 22:06 ` Alexander Kanavin
From: Alexander Kanavin @ 2021-09-21 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lijun Chen; +Cc: yocto

The best way is to fix the app. Such major downgrades are firmly uncharted
territory, and aren't supported. If you have errors, you need to figure out
yourself how to fix them - but if you provide the logs, we can try to help.

Alex

@ 2021-09-21 22:08 ` Richard Purdie
From: Richard Purdie @ 2021-09-21 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lijun Chen, yocto

On Tue, 2021-09-21 at 20:00 +0000, Lijun Chen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently we are building a Yocto image based on Hardknott release, which
> includes python 3.9.4. Due to a App constraint, we have to downgrade Python3
> to 3.8. I tried copying over 3.8.5 bb file andassociated poky/meta/recipes-
> devtools/python/python3/ folder, but the building failed. What is the best way
> to switch/downgrade python3 version?

Hard to say without understanding how it failed. What was the error?

You probably need to match python3 and python3-native versions but I don't know
if you did.

Cheers,

Richard