Hi Keith, On 10/14/20 6:52 PM, KeithG wrote: > I have been struggling with this problem for a while and *think* I have narrowed > it down to an Arch Linux problem. My main focus is to get iwd/connman to work on > my RPis as iwd connects so much faster when it works. Current versions on Arch > Linux are Connman = 1.38 and iwd = 1.9. The kernel I'm running is 5.4.70. > > It does not behave absolutely consistently but there are themes. If I have > connman managing the connections, when the SSID goes away, iwd stops scanning. > This is very consistent. It does it first time every time. SSID goes down, it > disconnects and sits there. On Arch Linux, it does not seem to be dependent on > card (broadcom/intel) or hardware (x86_64,armv6/armv7/aarch64). iwd quits > scanning when the SSID goes away. The monitor-iwd script shows 'Scanning = > False' and it never rescans. Connman invokes Station.Disconnect() which tells iwd to also not enter into its own Autoconnect phase. I think the idea is for ConnMan to scan periodically, but I guess it doesn't do this for whatever reason. > When I use systemd-networkd with iwd, I get better behavior, but it can also get > to a point where it quits scanning. This happens after a few times of turning > off then on the AP on the router. When it quits scanning, monitor-iwd says > "Scanning = False" and it never rescans. The last time I ran it, the monitor-iwd > script says Scanning = True then immediately Scanning = False but nothing was > scanned. It did this 13 times but never 'saw' anything nor connected. If I down > then up the interface (ifconfig wlan0 down; ifconfig wlan0 up), it immediately > connects. I now have a script that runs when the interface goes down to do this > (down/up), but shouldn't iwd eventually reconnect? We would need to see iwd debug logs and iwmon logs to say much more... https://iwd.wiki.kernel.org/debugging > > This contrasts with the same computer running RasPiOS. It is running the same > kernel and the same broadcom firmware (I updated both to be identical) connman > is 1.36 and iwd is 0.14, but it works every time all the time. I cannot get it > to not reconnect. In fact it connects faster than the web page for the router > registers it. > > I built iwd 0.14 and connman 1.36 for the Arch install and it behaves the same > as iwd 1.9 or the iwd git master build. It just quits. > > What underlying OS issues could cause this? I have built the kernel with the > same config options for both installations with the same computer doing the > building. Both installations are using the same kernel, firmware and driver > version (built with the kernel). > Hard to say without logs... Regards, -Denis