On 03/01/2020 11:25 PM, Roman Mamedov wrote: > On Sun, 1 Mar 2020 19:50:03 -0600 > "David C. Rankin" wrote: > >> Let me know if there is anything else I can send, and let me know if I >> should stop the scrub or just let it run. I'm happy to run any diagnostic you >> can think of that might help. Thanks. > > It doesn't seem convincing that the issue is raw devices vs partitions, or > even kernel version related, especially since you rolled it back and the issue > remains. > > What else you could send is "smartctl -a" of all devices; > > and most importantly, while the "slow" scrub is running on md4, start: > > iostat -x 2 /dev/sdc /dev/sdd > > (enlarge the terminal window) and see if any of the 2 devices is pegged into > 100.0 in the last "%util" column, or just showing much higher values there > than the other one. > Thank you Roman, iostat and smartctl -a for sdc/sdd attached, sdc has a few errors from a power hit taken 3000 hours ago or so, but since that time it has been fine. I had rolled back to several earlier kernels from Jan 14, Jan 21, and Jan 27 with no change, I then updated to current which is Archlinux 5.5.6-arch1-1. I'm not sure what to make of the iostat output, but the r_await looks suspicious. Could this all be due to one flaky disk without it throwing any errors? -- David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.