From: Vineeth Vijayan <vneethv@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
To: Cornelia Huck <cohuck@redhat.com>
Cc: Peter Oberparleiter <oberpar@linux.ibm.com>,
	Vineeth Vijayan <vneethv@linux.ibm.com>,
	linux-s390@vger.kernel.org, Eric Farman <farman@linux.ibm.com>,
	Halil Pasic <pasic@linux.ibm.com>,
	Boris Fiuczynski <fiuczy@linux.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [RFD] uevent handling for subchannels
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 12:25:32 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Conny,
Thank you for the ping. This is pending for a long time and we just resumed
looking at this approach. Me and Peter had a short discussion on this and we
are trying to do some cleaning as well on the CIO layer while working
with the
new approach.

There are few uncertainties with the new approach, which we would like
to clarify
and i am trying to test it.For example, the impact on the way
cio-console driver works.
So, as discussed with Peter, let me make a smaller draft which will
consolidate
your approach and the "cleaning" part that we would like to do.

As mentioned, i will resume working on this and get back to you with
myfindings.

Thank you,
Vineeth