* Now that 2.6.20 is out
@ 2007-02-06 15:44 Michael Riepe
       [not found] ` <45C8A25C.8090701-0QoEqw4nQxo@public.gmane.org>
From: Michael Riepe @ 2007-02-06 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kvm-devel

which is the right user-space release to use the built-in kvm?

My tools from the trunk kill the Core Duo, probably due to an interface
mismatch.

--
Michael "Tired" Riepe <michael-0QoEqw4nQxo@public.gmane.org>

* Re: Now that 2.6.20 is out
       [not found] ` <45C8A25C.8090701-0QoEqw4nQxo@public.gmane.org>
@ 2007-02-06 17:53   ` Dor Laor
       [not found]     ` <64F9B87B6B770947A9F8391472E032160A4D2745-yEcIvxbTEBqsx+V+t5oei8rau4O3wl8o3fe8/T/H7NteoWH0uzbU5w@public.gmane.org>
From: Dor Laor @ 2007-02-06 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Riepe, kvm-devel

>which is the right user-space release to use the built-in kvm?
>
>My tools from the trunk kill the Core Duo, probably due to an interface
>mismatch.

The KVM_API_VERSION in the kernel tree is 2 while the one in the trunk
is 3.
When have you updated your sources?
I get the version mismatch msg.

Are you sure the kernel's kvm modules are the one loaded?

>--
>Michael "Tired" Riepe <michael-0QoEqw4nQxo@public.gmane.org>

>Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services,
security?
>Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job
>easier.
>Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache
Geronimo
>http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=12164
2

* Re: Now that 2.6.20 is out
       [not found] ` <45C8A25C.8090701-0QoEqw4nQxo@public.gmane.org>
@ 2007-02-07  8:07   ` Avi Kivity
       [not found]     ` <92c265230702070019y13221e1fr824fd7f9536ecad8@mail.gmail.com>
From: Avi Kivity @ 2007-02-07  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Riepe; +Cc: kvm-devel

Michael Riepe wrote:
> which is the right user-space release to use the built-in kvm?
>
> My tools from the trunk kill the Core Duo, probably due to an interface
> mismatch.

kvm-12 lags behind 2.6.20 somewhat.  I'll release kvm-13 shortly which
will match 2.6.20, followed by kvm-14 which will just be a snapshot of
the trunk.  Hopefully kvm-15 will contain qemu 0.9.0.

I was ill for a few days, so I have a large email/patch backlog.

* Re: Now that 2.6.20 is out
       [not found]           ` <92c265230702082328p3c73743ei4d4cc6fa0dcc82c-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2007-02-09  7:29             ` Tace
       [not found]               ` <92c265230702082329i354029d0kb13f5bb1310c5090-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Tace @ 2007-02-09  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kvm-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

Hi Avi,

> what guest? what host?

Guest and host == ubuntu 6.10
host = Intel VT

It fails on Qemu start up, which shows a black screen and terminate
with the exception 13 (0) error. I read somewhere that this is due to
the Intel VT inability to handle real mode, is this the case?

Thanks

* Re: Now that 2.6.20 is out
       [not found]               ` <92c265230702082329i354029d0kb13f5bb1310c5090-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2007-02-09 12:24                 ` Dor Laor
From: Dor Laor @ 2007-02-09 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tace, kvm-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

>Hi Avi,
>
>> what guest? what host?
>
>Guest and host == ubuntu 6.10
>host = Intel VT
>
>It fails on Qemu start up, which shows a black screen and terminate
>with the exception 13 (0) error. I read somewhere that this is due to
>the Intel VT inability to handle real mode, is this the case?

Most chances are that this is the case. You can shift to a textual boot

>Thanks

>Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services,
security?
>Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job
>easier.
>Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache
Geronimo
>http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=12164
2

* Re: Now that 2.6.20 is out
@ 2007-02-13 16:49       ` Michael Riepe
From: Michael Riepe @ 2007-02-13 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dor Laor; +Cc: kvm-devel

Hi!

>>which is the right user-space release to use the built-in kvm?
>>
>>My tools from the trunk kill the Core Duo, probably due to an interface
>>mismatch.
>

> The KVM_API_VERSION in the kernel tree is 2 while the one in the trunk
> is 3.
> When have you updated your sources?

Too often to remember the details, sorry.

> I get the version mismatch msg.

That's what I would have expected - my sources already included the v3
interface.

> Are you sure the kernel's kvm modules are the one loaded?

There weren't any other kvm modules in /lib/modules/2.6.20, so the
answer is: "absolutely".

kvm-12 works fine with 2.6.20, however, and I can still load another set
of modules if I want a more recent version.

--
Michael "Tired" Riepe <michael-0QoEqw4nQxo@public.gmane.org>