From: James Sefton <james-3k2nYdb70uTQXOPxS62xeg@public.gmane.org>
To: Kent Overstreet <koverstreet-hpIqsD4AKlfQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org>
Cc: "linux-bcache-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA@public.gmane.org"
	<linux-bcache-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA@public.gmane.org>
Subject: RE: Bcache Journal
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 16:44:30 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi Kent,

Help with the docs is something I can do and I would be pleased to have the chance to contribute something back.

I would like to expand the document somewhat so that there is a short quickstart guide, your information on how it all works, detailed command reference, a howto section showing how to do things (such as shrink backing device!) and finally an updated list of sysfs structure.

I notice you are currently doing a lot of work on MD integration.  Is this functional yet?  Should the documentation show how to use MD with bCache?

I will work on it offline and email you the text file for review and you can include it when you are happy with it.

Would this be okay or would you prefer to keep it as it is and just fix the errors?

Also, are there any guidelines/requirements for documentation content/format or is it simply just that it has to be in one plain text file?

If you are happy with all this, I will get on it as soon as I can.   Please tell me if I am overstepping the mark here and you just want the docs fixing rather than expanding.

Regards,

James Sefton
Phase 5 Communications Ltd.