From: Matthieu Baerts <matthieu.baerts at tessares.net>
To: mptcp at lists.01.org
Subject: [MPTCP] LPC 2019 Call for Microconferences and Refereed-Track Proposals
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 13:44:10 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello everyone,

A few weeks or months ago, we talked about (maybe) participating to LPC
2019. The Linux Plumbers Conference for 2019 has been set for September
9-11 at the Corinthia Hotel in Lisbon, Portugal.

One of my colleague just pointed me out that the Call for Proposals is
open and the submission deadline is scheduled for the 23rd of May at
05:30 (my time I guess). Less than 48h from now then.

https://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/event/4/abstracts/

As already discussed, I think our project here would fit well with the
theme:

> Refereed track presentations are 45 minutes in length (which includes
> time for questions and discussion) and should focus on a specific
> aspect of the "plumbing" in the Linux system. Examples of Linux
> plumbing include core kernel subsystems, core libraries, windowing
> systems, management tools, device support, container run-times, media
> creation/playback, and so on. The best presentations are not about
> finished work, but rather problems, proposals, or proof-of-concept
> solutions that require face-to-face discussions and debate.

Do you think it could be possible to participate?

If yes, we will need to send an abstract (max 20k words, no minimum)
tomorrow :)

I think it is doable and I can help writing that tomorrow.

Here are more info about the submission instructions:

> To submit a refereed talk, please fill the Title field and Content
> Field (this is the abstract). To enter Authors, you can either select
> an author already registered with the website (using the search
> button) or enter an author manually. You can add multiple authors. You
> must choose "Refereed Talk" for the "Track" field.

They also have "Microconference" but I don't think it is for us here:

> A Microconference is a collection of collaborative sessions focused on
> problems in a particular area of the Linux plumbing, which includes
> the kernel, libraries, utilities, UI, and so forth, but can also focus
> on cross-cutting concerns such as security, scaling, energy
> efficiency, or a particular use case. Good microconferences result in
> solutions to these problems and concerns, while the best
> microconferences result in patches that implement those solutions.

Feel free to react if it is a good idea or if it is not, if you have
already participated to one previous LPC, if you have already planned to
participate, etc.

I think it is a good idea and I am ready to help but I cannot really do
that alone or if you say it's a bad idea of course ;-)

Cheers,
Matt

--
Matthieu Baerts | R&D Engineer