On Wed, 20 Oct 2021, Thomas Huth wrote: > On 20/10/2021 14.43, Cédric Le Goater wrote: > >> The 405 machine are still close to deprecation I think. We are still >> struggling to boot one with mainline Linux, using uboot provided by >> Thomas which skips SDRAM init. It is not clear to me if u-boot is >> strictly necessary. It depends if Linux relies on it to do some >> pre-initialization of HW. I guess once we find a good DTS for it, or >> not, we can take a decision. > > FWIW, seems like this tarball contains a dts for a "taihushui" 405ep board: > > https://dev.archive.openwrt.org/raw-attachment/ticket/4153/kolsch.tranzeo.openwrt.bsp.tar.bz2 > > ... I wonder whether that's the same board as the "taihu" board in QEMU? The corresponding ticket has some info on the machine: https://dev.archive.openwrt.org/ticket/4153.html but it's not clear what taihu in QEMU is in the first place. The comment in ppc405_boards.c says it's an evaluation board so most likely the above one may have been designed based on this reference board. Some info on the eval board can be found here: http://www.welcm.com/amccTaihu/amccTaihu.htm https://datasheet.octopart.com/EV-460GT-KIT-03-AMCC-datasheet-11746697.pdf https://happytrees.org/files/chips/datasheets/product_selector_guide--AMCC--PowerPC.pdf I wonder what ref405ep was then, an earlier or later or different version? Regards, BALATON Zoltan