We do in fact keep tightening up the compiler to check for semantic issues as well as syntax errors. As it stands today, we have 164 errors/warnings/remarks, as well as 13 additional errors for the Data Table compiler, and 11 errors for the preprocessor. Do you have any additional suggestions? Bob From: Patrick Georgi [mailto:pgeorgi(a)google.com] Sent: Wednesday, April 3, 2019 11:08 AM To: Moore, Robert Cc: devel(a)acpica.org; Schmauss, Erik Subject: Re: [Devel] Field Offset constraints Hi Robert, Am Mi., 3. Apr. 2019 um 19:38 Uhr schrieb Moore, Robert >: 2) Disable the specific remark via the –VW option. iasl -vw 2158 dsdt.asl // disable remark #2158 Thank you for the pointer to that option, that's very helpful. Independent from that, is there interest in providing language features on top of ASL (maybe in revisions to the spec if the tool is meant to remain strictly compliant) to more rigorously express constraints that can be verified at compile time? Regards, Patrick -- Google Germany GmbH, ABC-Str. 19, 20354 Hamburg Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg Geschäftsführer: Paul Manicle, Halimah DeLaine Prado