From: Laurence Oberman <loberman-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org>
To: Bart Van Assche <bart.vanassche-XdAiOPVOjttBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org>
Cc: Sagi Grimberg <sagi-NQWnxTmZq1alnMjI0IkVqw@public.gmane.org>,
	linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA@public.gmane.org
Subject: Re: Testing for RDMA with ib_srp: Failed to map data (-12) with max_sectors_kb=4096 and buffered I/O with 4MB writes
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 15:01:22 -0400 (EDT)	[thread overview]

Hello Bart and Sagi
Thank you for responding.

Bart. whenever you have something you want me to try I will be ready.

Sagi, I can pinpoint the exact failure and get the data you need tonight.
I am at Vault in Christoph's BOF session on NVME fabrics but can access the servers later.

There are two places -ENOMEM can happen in srp_map_finish_fr. I will capture this as well as print the state->nmdesc as Sagi requested.

if (state->fr.next >= state->fr.end) {
                printk("RHDEBUG:ib_srp in srp_map_finish_fr state->fr.next=%p state->fr.end=%p \n",state->fr.next,state->fr.end);
                return -ENOMEM;
        }

and

if (!desc) {
                printk("RHDEBUG: ib_srp failed in srp_fr_pool_get with desc=%p so returns -ENOMEM\n",desc);
                return -ENOMEM;
        }

Thanks!!

Laurence Oberman