From: Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com>
To: Richard Purdie <richard.purdie@linuxfoundation.org>
Cc: "yocto@yoctoproject.org" <yocto@yoctoproject.org>,
	openembeded-devel <Openembedded-devel@lists.openembedded.org>,
	Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer
	<openembedded-core@lists.openembedded.org>
Subject: Re: [OE-core] [RFT] eglibc 2.19
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 21:45:39 -0800	[thread overview]

Hi Richard, All

On Feb 12, 2014, at 10:20 AM, Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 12, 2014, at 7:41 AM, Richard Purdie <richard.purdie@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 2014-02-08 at 08:08 -0800, Khem Raj wrote:
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> I have staged a branch with eglibc 2.19 upgraded recipes here
>>>
>>> http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=kraj/eglibc-2.19
>>>
>>> These are not final recipes there may be tweaks needed like adjusting SRC_URI
>>> later on.
>>>
>>> please help testing it out in your environments and machines
>>> I would be happy to help out with issues we find
>>
>> The autobuilder is still going but it found:
>>
>> http://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/main/builders/nightly-fsl-ppc/builds/25/steps/BuildImages/logs/stdio
>
> I could reproduce it.
>
> This seems to be surfaced by a commit in glibc where the  math_ldbl.h implementations for ppc were unified. I have for now reverted it via patch and pushed to pull branch. however thats not only the one issue :(. I am now seeing
>
> | ../sysdeps/powerpc/fpu/fenv_libc.h:48:6: error: impossible constraint in 'asm'
> |       asm volatile ("mtfsf 0xff,%0" : : "f" (d)); \
> |       ^

Alright, the real problem was that in glibc 2.19 the SPE patch was upsteamed from eglibc and now the SPE support lives under nofpu/ which is correct unlike
eglibc where it was living under fpu/ class. We were not passing —without-fp
to eglibc configure which caused this issue. I have now fixed it in metadata
and pushed a new set of patches ( total 2) to the pull branch, which should take of this issue as well as valgrind issue.

Thanks
-Khem

From: Khem Raj <raj.khem@gmail.com>
To: Richard Purdie <richard.purdie@linuxfoundation.org>