On 18/03/2019 06:42, Junio C Hamano wrote: >> diff --git a/Documentation/gitattributes.txt >> b/Documentation/gitattributes.txt >> index 9b41f81c06..908d9a3009 100644 >> --- a/Documentation/gitattributes.txt >> +++ b/Documentation/gitattributes.txt >> @@ -314,8 +314,8 @@ stored as UTF-8 internally. A client without >> `working-tree-encoding` >> support will checkout `foo.ps1` as UTF-8 encoded file. This will >> typically cause trouble for the users of this file. >> + >> -If a Git client, that does not support the `working-tree-encoding` >> -attribute, adds a new file `bar.ps1`, then `bar.ps1` will be >> +If a Git client that does not support the `working-tree-encoding` >> +attribute adds a new file `bar.ps1`, then `bar.ps1` will be > > Or s/that/which/. I am not sure which one gives us a cleaner > result. > > If a new file `bar.ps1` is added by a Git client that does not > understand `working-tree-encoding` attribute, then ... > > is how I may write it, though. I dunno. Let's take yours at least > for now and let others complain if they care deeply about it. > >> stored "as-is" internally (in this example probably as UTF-16). >> A client with `working-tree-encoding` support will interpret the >> internal contents as UTF-8 and try to convert it to UTF-16 on checkout. > > Thanks. > Hi, sorry about the MUC wrapping, will be more careful next time :) As I learned it, commas are used around relative clauses (sentences introduced by "that", "which" etc.) only if they are non-defining, so if the information inside that sentence is not necessary to understand the sentence. While I'm not a native speaker and therefore unsure how much that would matter to a reader, I think it's better to use the grammatically correct version to avoid ambiguity. The question whether that or which shouldn't matter too much, I think both can be used interchangeably here. Thanks for your feedback! Best regards, Alex -- Alexander Blesius M.A. Please consider encrypting your mails with PGP. https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/de/