On 11/19/17 1:46 AM, Leon Romanovsky wrote: > On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 02:47:40PM -0500, Doug Ledford wrote: >> Hi Stephen, >> >> Jason Gunthorpe is now co-maintaining the RDMA subsystem with me. We >> have a shared repo that we can both write into. I would like you to re- >> aim the RDMA linux-next pull point to: >> >> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rdma/rdma.git tags/for- >> next > > Doug, > > Does it make sense to get rid of "k.o" notation for for-next and for-rc branches? > It is already on kernel.org and seems to me as a redundant. Jason and I talked about this offline. The reason it's there is actually more technical than anything else. In order to have WIP branches that you want to quickly/easily get on github, but to not have them pollute k.o with WIP branches that haven't passed 0day yet, the easy solution is to add this to your .git/config for your kernel repo: push = refs/heads/k.o/*:refs/heads/k.o/* push = +refs/tags/for-linus*:refs/tags/for-linus* push = +refs/tags/for-next*:refs/tags/for-next* push = refs/heads/master:refs/heads/master That keeps only the stuff you really want going to k.o going there, and everything can then go to your WIP repository. Going forward, whether Jason decides to use a github repo for 0day like I do or not, it now has a second benefit in that we can each have our own private namespace, which is basically anything not in k.o/, and treat the k.o/ namespace as a shared namespace where we worry about branch name conflicts, fast forward only updates, etc. So, it's redundant to the people pulling, but I still think it has value for Jason and I. -- Doug Ledford GPG KeyID: B826A3330E572FDD Key fingerprint = AE6B 1BDA 122B 23B4 265B 1274 B826 A333 0E57 2FDD