On 25/09/2018 19:14, \0xDynamite wrote: [...] >>> So, is code a *published* item? Most of the public can't read it. >> >> I cannot read (or understand) neither Russian nor Chinese nor almost any >> natural (let alone dead) languages of the world. I'm pretty sure that >> I'm not the only one;-) >> Does that make Russian literature non-public? I don't think so ... > > You confuse the issue. My definition included "intended for the > public". But it isn't clear that open source code is intended for the Well, then I have to repeat myself: Signed-off source code (in form of patches) in a well-known programming language for a (nowadays) well-known GPLv2 licensed project mailed on "everyone can subscribe" mailinglists, (thus) to be found in several $SEARCH_ENGINE-indexed mailinglist archives, if accepted to be found in lots of publicly accessible git repos can be not intended to be published? I wonder what else must happen. > public -- it is intended for those who code or wish to. MfG, Bernd -- Bernd Petrovitsch Email : bernd@petrovitsch.priv.at LUGA : http://www.luga.at