On Wed, Mar 29, 2023 at 04:40:18PM +0200, Alexandre Ghiti wrote: > On Wed, Mar 29, 2023 at 3:56 PM Conor Dooley wrote: > > > > On Wed, Mar 29, 2023 at 10:19:32AM +0200, Alexandre Ghiti wrote: > > > We used to access the dtb via its linear mapping address but now that the > > > dtb early mapping was moved in the fixmap region, we can keep using this > > > address since it is present in swapper_pg_dir, and remove the dtb > > > relocation. > > > > > > Note that the relocation was wrong anyway since early_memremap() is > > > restricted to 256K whereas the maximum fdt size is 2MB. > > > > So, should this be marked as a fix, and backported along with 1/3? > > Hmmm the whole series should be backported, it does not make sense to > move the dtb mapping and keep accessing it using its linear mapping > address since it could fail for the exact reason the relocation was > implemented in the first place and the relocation is wrong. > > Maybe we should simply add a "Cc: stable@vger.kernel.org" on all the patches? Yup, although hopefully Palmer can handle that if nothing else needs changing.