* RE: mmc: sdhci-of-arasan: Issue DLL reset explicitly
@ 2020-11-27  3:49 Paul Thomas
From: Paul Thomas @ 2020-11-27  3:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mmc, Michal Simek, Adrian Hunter, Ulf Hansson

Hi Everyone,

The recent commit d06d60d5 'mmc: sdhci-of-arasan: Issue DLL reset
explicitly' seems to break the eMMC on our zynqmp boards, we get
messages like this:
mmc0: error -110 whilst initialising MMC card
We're using the XCZU2EG-1SFVC784I parts [1]. I see that this is moving
the DLL reset out of ATF. So part of the issue might be that we're
using the 2019.1 ATF version.

thanks,
Paul

[1] Enclustra modules:
https://www.enclustra.com/en/products/system-on-chip-modules/mercury-xu5/

* Re: mmc: sdhci-of-arasan: Issue DLL reset explicitly
@ 2020-11-27  7:12 ` Michal Simek
From: Michal Simek @ 2020-11-27  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Thomas, linux-mmc, Michal Simek, Adrian Hunter, Ulf Hansson; +Cc: git

Hi Paul, +Manish

On 27. 11. 20 4:49, Paul Thomas wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> The recent commit d06d60d5 'mmc: sdhci-of-arasan: Issue DLL reset
> explicitly' seems to break the eMMC on our zynqmp boards, we get
> messages like this:
> mmc0: error -110 whilst initialising MMC card
> We're using the XCZU2EG-1SFVC784I parts [1]. I see that this is moving
> the DLL reset out of ATF. So part of the issue might be that we're
> using the 2019.1 ATF version.
>
> thanks,
> Paul
>
> [1] Enclustra modules:
> https://www.enclustra.com/en/products/system-on-chip-modules/mercury-xu5/

Can you please try any latest version if that fix your problem?

Manish: Please take look at this issue and try to replicate it.

Thanks,
Michal

* Re: mmc: sdhci-of-arasan: Issue DLL reset explicitly
@ 2020-11-30 14:23   ` Paul Thomas
From: Paul Thomas @ 2020-11-30 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michal Simek; +Cc: linux-mmc, Adrian Hunter, Ulf Hansson, git, Manish Narani

On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 2:12 AM Michal Simek <michal.simek@xilinx.com> wrote:

> Hi Paul, +Manish
>
> On 27. 11. 20 4:49, Paul Thomas wrote:
> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > The recent commit d06d60d5 'mmc: sdhci-of-arasan: Issue DLL reset
> > explicitly' seems to break the eMMC on our zynqmp boards, we get
> > messages like this:
> > mmc0: error -110 whilst initialising MMC card
> > We're using the XCZU2EG-1SFVC784I parts [1]. I see that this is moving
> > the DLL reset out of ATF. So part of the issue might be that we're
> > using the 2019.1 ATF version.
> >
> > thanks,
> > Paul
> >
> > [1] Enclustra modules:
> > https://www.enclustra.com/en/products/system-on-chip-modules/mercury-xu5/
> >

> Can you please try any latest version if that fix your problem?
>
> Manish: Please take look at this issue and try to replicate it.
>
> Thanks,
> Michal

Manish pointed me at the firmware patch here:
https://lore.kernel.org/patchwork/patch/1338926/

This fixed the issue for me. Thanks everyone.

-Paul