* OMAP34XXCAM: Micron mt9d111 sensor support?
@ 2009-06-17 22:05 Zach LeRoy
From: Zach LeRoy @ 2009-06-17 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-omap, linux-media

I am working on adding support for a micron 2 MP sensor: mt9d111 on a gumsitx overo.  This is a i2c-controlled sensor.  Ideally, I would like to use the omap34xxcam driver to interface with this sensor.  I am wondering if there are currently any distributions which already include support for this sensor through the omap34xxcam driver, or if anyone else is interested in this topic.

Cheers,

Zach LeRoy

* RE: OMAP34XXCAM: Micron mt9d111 sensor support?
@ 2009-06-17 22:30 ` Aguirre Rodriguez, Sergio Alberto
From: Aguirre Rodriguez, Sergio Alberto @ 2009-06-17 22:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zach LeRoy, linux-omap, linux-media; +Cc: Sakari Ailus

Hi Zach,

I'm working along with Sakari Ailus and others in this omap34xxcam driver you're talking about, and we are in the process to provide a newer patchset to work on the latest l-o tree.

Sakari is sharing the camera core here:

http://gitorious.org/omap3camera

And I have also this repository which contains a snapshot of Sakari's tree + support from some sensors I have available for the 3430SDP and LDP (the name could confuse with the above, but I'll change the name/location soon):

http://gitorious.org/omap3-linux-camera-driver

Testing the driver with as much sensors as we can is very interesting (at least for me), because that help us spot possible bugs that aren't seen with our current HW. So, I'll be looking forward if you add this sensor driver to the supported list :)

Regards,
Sergio

@ 2009-06-22 18:06   ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2009-06-22 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aguirre Rodriguez, Sergio Alberto
  Cc: Zach LeRoy, linux-omap, linux-media, Sakari Ailus

Aguirre Rodriguez, Sergio Alberto wrote:

> [...]

I'd like to move forward using this on OMAP/3530 with TVP5150 (S-video in)

Sadly, the tree above (omap3-linux-camera-driver) won't build for the
Zoom/LDP:
  CC      arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-ldp-camera.o
/local/omap3-linux-camera-driver/arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-ldp-camera.c:59:
error: implicit declaration of function 'PAGE_ALIGN'
/local/omap3-linux-camera-driver/arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-ldp-camera.c:59:
error: initializer element is not constant
/local/omap3-linux-camera-driver/arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-ldp-camera.c:59:
error: (near initialization for 'ov3640_hwc.capture_mem')
/local/omap3-linux-camera-driver/arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-ldp-camera.c:
In function 'ov3640_sensor_set_prv_data':
/local/omap3-linux-camera-driver/arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-ldp-camera.c:89:
error: 'hwc' undeclared (first use in this function)
/local/omap3-linux-camera-driver/arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-ldp-camera.c:89:
error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
/local/omap3-linux-camera-driver/arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-ldp-camera.c:89:
error: for each function it appears in.)

Looking at the code, it seems that some pieces are missing - merge
problem maybe?

* RE: OMAP34XXCAM: Micron mt9d111 sensor support?
@ 2009-06-23 13:16     ` Aguirre Rodriguez, Sergio Alberto
From: Aguirre Rodriguez, Sergio Alberto @ 2009-06-23 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
> Aguirre Rodriguez, Sergio Alberto wrote:

Hi Gary,

I'm currently on the process to rebase and verify all this code on 3430SDP, Zoom1 and soon Zoom2.

Here you can find my progress:

  http://dev.omapzoom.org/?p=saaguirre/linux-omap-camera.git;a=summary

Check devel branch, which contains all latest Sakari's tree patches (http://gitorious.org/omap3camera) rebased on top of latest Kevin's l-o PM tree, plus the patches, which are still in works, to make the above mentioned platforms to work.

I'm first trying to make 3430SDP work, don't have a Zoom1/Zoom2 handy right now...

My gitorious tree will eventually disappear, as I can work better with this new one.

I'll consolidate some patches when this sensor code is ready, and will CC you if interested.

Regards,
Sergio

@ 2009-06-23 13:23       ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2009-06-23 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aguirre Rodriguez, Sergio Alberto
  Cc: Zach LeRoy, linux-omap, linux-media, Sakari Ailus

Aguirre Rodriguez, Sergio Alberto wrote:

Thanks.  I've already checked out this tree and at least
it builds for the Zoom (I have one here).  Is this in a
state where I can test it for you?  What do you use to
capture video from the sensor?

* RE: OMAP34XXCAM: Micron mt9d111 sensor support?
@ 2009-06-23 13:33         ` Aguirre Rodriguez, Sergio Alberto
From: Aguirre Rodriguez, Sergio Alberto @ 2009-06-23 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Thomas; +Cc: Zach LeRoy, linux-omap, linux-media, Sakari Ailus

I normally use a small test binary I wrote which saves the captured frames to memory, so later I can see them with either IrfanView (when capturing RAW images) or PYUV for seeing the YUV422 images.

You should be able to use any standard V4l2 capturing application anyways.

@ 2009-06-23 13:36           ` Aguirre Rodriguez, Sergio Alberto
From: Aguirre Rodriguez, Sergio Alberto @ 2009-06-23 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aguirre Rodriguez, Sergio Alberto, Gary Thomas
  Cc: Zach LeRoy, linux-omap, linux-media, Sakari Ailus

From: linux-media-owner@vger.kernel.org [mailto:linux-media-
owner@vger.kernel.org] On Behalf Of Aguirre Rodriguez, Sergio Alberto
> From: Gary Thomas [mailto:gary@mlbassoc.com]
> > Aguirre Rodriguez, Sergio Alberto wrote:
> > > From: Gary Thomas [mailto:gary@mlbassoc.com]
> > like
> > support

> > newer

> Sakari's
> > LDP
> > name/location

> interesting
> aren't
> video
> > in)

> > camera.c:

> > > Hi Gary,
> > >
> > > I'm currently on the process to rebase and verify all this code on
> > 3430SDP, Zoom1 and soon Zoom2.
> > >
> > > Here you can find my progress:
> > >
> > >   http://dev.omapzoom.org/?p=saaguirre/linux-omap-camera.git;a=summary
> > >
> > > Check devel branch, which contains all latest Sakari's tree patches
> > (http://gitorious.org/omap3camera) rebased on top of latest Kevin's l-o
> PM
> > tree, plus the patches, which are still in works, to make the above
> > mentioned platforms to work.
> > >
> > > I'm first trying to make 3430SDP work, don't have a Zoom1/Zoom2 handy
> > right now...
> > >
> > > My gitorious tree will eventually disappear, as I can work better with
> > this new one.
> > >
> > > I'll consolidate some patches when this sensor code is ready, and will
> > CC you if interested.
> > >

> > Thanks.  I've already checked out this tree and at least
> > it builds for the Zoom (I have one here).  Is this in a
> > state where I can test it for you?  What do you use to
> > capture video from the sensor?
>
> I normally use a small test binary I wrote which saves the captured frames
> to memory, so later I can see them with either IrfanView (when capturing
> RAW images) or PYUV for seeing the YUV422 images.
>
> You should be able to use any standard V4l2 capturing application anyways.

Btw, any contribution would be completely welcome. Either on Testing or on development. :)

Thanks for your interest in helping.

@ 2009-06-23 13:40             ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2009-06-23 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aguirre Rodriguez, Sergio Alberto
  Cc: Zach LeRoy, linux-omap, linux-media, Sakari Ailus

Aguirre Rodriguez, Sergio Alberto wrote:
> From: linux-media-owner@vger.kernel.org [mailto:linux-media-
> owner@vger.kernel.org] On Behalf Of Aguirre Rodriguez, Sergio Alberto
>> From: Gary Thomas [mailto:gary@mlbassoc.com]
>>> like
>>> support

>>> newer

>> Sakari's
>>> LDP
>>> name/location

>> interesting
>> aren't
>> video
>>> in)
>>> camera.c:

>>> 3430SDP, Zoom1 and soon Zoom2.

>>> (http://gitorious.org/omap3camera) rebased on top of latest Kevin's l-o
>> PM
>>> tree, plus the patches, which are still in works, to make the above
>>> mentioned platforms to work.
>>> right now...
>>> this new one.
>>> CC you if interested.
>>> Thanks.  I've already checked out this tree and at least
>>> it builds for the Zoom (I have one here).  Is this in a
>>> state where I can test it for you?  What do you use to
>>> capture video from the sensor?
>> I normally use a small test binary I wrote which saves the captured frames
>> to memory, so later I can see them with either IrfanView (when capturing
>> RAW images) or PYUV for seeing the YUV422 images.
>>
>> You should be able to use any standard V4l2 capturing application anyways.
>>

> Btw, any contribution would be completely welcome. Either on Testing or on development. :)
>
> Thanks for your interest in helping.

I've built for the Zoom, now I just need to figure out how
to capture the data.  I'll let you know if I have any questions
or problems.

Thanks