Is there no way to simply force bitbake to only build the packages I want, ignoring dependencies? We used to build the image like this before, using PTXDist. Everything else seems to be a dirty hack. Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards Norman Stetter SW ENWICKLUNG EMBEDDED SYSTEMS Garz & Fricke GmbH 21079 Hamburg Direct: +49 40 791899 - 477 Fax: +49 40 791899 - 39 Norman.Stetter@garz-fricke.com www.garz-fricke.com WE MAKE IT YOURS! [cid:image001.jpg@01D5124D.B0588270] Sitz der Gesellschaft: D-21079 Hamburg Registergericht: Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 60514 Geschäftsführer: Matthias Fricke, Manfred Garz, Marc-Michael Braun Von: Burton, Ross [mailto:ross.burton@intel.com] Gesendet: Friday, May 24, 2019 11:45 AM An: Norman Stetter Cc: yocto@yoctoproject.org Betreff: Re: [yocto] Building single package as image, respecting dependencies On Fri, 24 May 2019 at 07:30, Norman Stetter > wrote: For the OS image I use cpio.gz as file system. It gets booted as a RAMdisk. Sorry, forgot to mention that. Would you consider switching to a proper filesystem? The peril of using a cpio.gz is that every file you add slows the boot down: using a proper filesystem solves this. Ross