>  Is there any ongoing discussion or work to implement support for multiple SGL entries?

The answer is yes.  I have a change that I will push up to GerritHub for review, tomorrow.

I’ll be sure to add you as a reviewer.

--

John Meneghini

Data ONTAP SCSI Target Architect

978-930-3519

johnm@netapp.com

From: SPDK <spdk-bounces@lists.01.org> on behalf of Mikhail altman <maltman@scalecomputing.com>
Date: Thursday, May 3, 2018 at 3:12 PM
To: "spdk@lists.01.org" <spdk@lists.01.org>
Subject: [SPDK] NVMe RDMA SGL Support

Hello Everyone,

On SPDK v18.01, we noticed there's a TODO in nvme_rdma_build_sgl_request() in nvme_rdma.c.

Some code for context:

    /* TODO: for now, we only support a single SGL entry */

    rc = req->payload.u.sgl.next_sge_fn(req->payload.u.sgl.cb_arg, &virt_addr, &length);

    if (rc) {

            return -1;

    }

    if (length < req->payload_size) {

            SPDK_ERRLOG("multi-element SGL currently not supported for RDMA\n");

            return -1;

    }

Is there any ongoing discussion or work to implement support for multiple SGL entries? (I looked at the Trello board and GerritHub, but couldn't find anything related.) If not, we can look into making a patch for this on our end. Any thoughts about what this would entail are welcome!

Thanks in advance,

Mike