On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 6:49 PM, Peter Zijlstra wrote: > On Mon, 2010-12-20 at 18:38 +0530, Bharata B Rao wrote: >> The autogroup patchset removes the display of cgroup name from >> sched_debug output. > > Hrmph.. that wasn't supposed to happen, care to send a patch to fix that > up? There are two aspects here: - Printing cgroup name for per-CPU cfs_rqs shouldn't be affected by autogroup and the old code should work here. - Printing cgroup name for tasks depends on task_group(), which has been changed by autogroup patch. I haven't really looked deep into autogroup patch, but from whatever I can gather, Mike had a reason to remove this bit from sched_debug. The task groups created for autogroups don't have cgroups associated with them and hence no dentries and hence no pathnames. I guess we could do fix this as shown in the attached patch. > > >> Also, with tg_shares_up improvements, the leaf cfs_rqs are maintained >> on rq->leaf_cfs_rq_list only if they carry any load. But the code to >> display cfs_rq information for sched_debug isn't updated and hence >> information from a few cfs_rqs are missing from sched_debug. > > Well, that's a _good_ thing, right? > > I mean, if we know they're empty, and don't contribute to schedule, why > bother displaying them? In addition to tasks, we do display other details pertaining to the cfs_rq. I thought, having a complete view of all the cfs_rqs in the system would be better and consistent than obtaining different cfs_rqs on different captures of /proc/sched_debug. Regards, Bharata. -- http://bharata.sulekha.com/blog/posts.htm, http://raobharata.wordpress.com/