* Re: OE stable, testing, dev
@ 2010-08-23 16:59 Cliff Brake
From: Cliff Brake @ 2010-08-23 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 8:31 AM, Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com> wrote:

> Perhaps share this load?  I'd volunteer to make some tests using
> my Fedora servers.

I have posted some initial thoughts to:

http://wiki.openembedded.org/index.php/Testing

Please sign up for combinations you want to test.  Perhaps we can
automate this effort more with tinderbox at some point.

I realize this is all very manual compared to "continuous
integration", etc, but I really think OE needs dedicated testing
manpower, and having a somewhat "manual" process will encourage
interaction and I think overall be good for the project.

I'm certainly open to other ideas.

Thanks,
Cliff

--
=================
http://bec-systems.com

* Re: OE stable, testing, dev
@ 2010-08-19  9:33 ` Florian Boor
From: Florian Boor @ 2010-08-19  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Hi,

Cliff Brake schrieb:
>> So something like Debian's stable, testing and unstable[1]?
>
> That sounds good to me -- so how about org.openembedded.dev and
> org.openembedded.testing branches?

great to see this finally happen, I remember we discussed this years ago.

> I'll plan to start doing a clean build of dev every Monday for the
> Beagleboard, and then merge to testing once it builds.  Initial
> targets:
>
> Angstrom Distro
> beagleboard/beagleboard-linuxtag2010-demo-image
> x86/minimal-image

I would start to make use of it right now. Starting with builds for armv6 and
armv4t. I would use a different distribution (minimal maybe) for one of the
builds at least to see how this behaves.

> My workstation runs a 64-bit OS, so that is probably worst case
> (compared to i686).

Did you ever build on a PowerPC? :-)

Greetings

Florian

--
The dream of yesterday                  Florian Boor
is the hope of today                    Tel: +49 271-771091-15