* git pull
@ 2010-05-17 21:51 matteo brutti
From: matteo brutti @ 2010-05-17 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Hi,
i'm learning about git and soon have a question.
My repo is in /dev/sda6 and my home is in /dev/sda4, as are both in
local i thought that when i committ, i'll found the files on repo
changed, it was not so! I learn i have to use git pull, but i didn't
understand why.
I made some tries, put my repo in /home/user/myrepo cloned in
/home/user/myclones changed files and committed and the changes was in
the repo without any need of pulling, and i have permission to write
to /dev/sda6, so why have i to pull changes?

Thanks.

Matteo

* git pull
@ 2017-11-13 23:11 Tobin C. Harding
From: Tobin C. Harding @ 2017-11-13 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi Greg,

This is totally asking a favour, feel free to ignore. How do you format
your [GIT PULL] emails to Linus? Do you create a tag and then run a git
command to get the email?

I tried to do it manually and failed pretty hard (as you no doubt will
notice on LKML).

thanks,
Tobin.

* GIT pull
@ 2012-04-12 14:47 cvalusek
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: cvalusek @ 2012-04-12 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

My apologies if this isn't the appropriate place to post this. We are using
the windows port msysgit so I understand if I need to post over there first.

I have also posted this on stackoverflow. Here is a link to the question
there:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10110401/why-doesnt-git-clean-up-when-aborting-a-merge-triggered-from-pulling-in-changes

My team has had a lot of trouble with GIT lately because of aborted pull
commands.

If a user has local modifications not on the index and does a pull, I have
seen git attempt to start applying the merge to master and abort. The whole
checkout is then left in a terrible state that is nearly unrecoverable. In
the past, I thought GIT would run some sort of check to identify these
problems before it attempts the merge.

Even with a clean state (nothing to commit), I have seen the same thing
randomly happen at least once. I understand that without rebasing, you may
be forced to resolve merge conflicts when you pull, but this is not what is
happening though.

We are using gitolite. I am mainly using command line and have yet to run
into these issues. The rest of the team is using the git-gui or in 1 case
TortoiseGit.

git-gui version 0.13.GITGUI
git version 1.7.8.msysgit.0
Tcl/Tk version 8.5.1
TortoiseGit 1.7.6.0

We are not working with branches as much as we could, but feel like this
should be working.
Why does GIT allow you to try to pull when it is going to train-wreck?
Why does GIT not abort cleanly?

* git pull
@ 2010-01-19  8:01 robin
From: robin @ 2010-01-19  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

I am using the Openembedded for the beagleboard.
I had setup using below steps

export OETREE="${HOME}/OE"
mkdir -p ${OETREE} && cd ${OETREE}
git clone git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded.git openembedded
cd openembedded git checkout origin/stable/2009 -b stable/2009
cd ${OETREE}/openembedded
git pull

and then
bitbake beagleboard-demo-image

Now i wanted to update recipes folder.
git pull --rebase

It showed files which needs update. So i gave below command
git pull

But the recipes/ti folder is not updated with latest files,
which command needs to be used to update recipes directory ?

Robin

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail and any attachment (s) is for authorised use by the
intended recipient (s) only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential
information and/or be subject to the legal privilege of iWave Systems
Technologies Private Limited. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from retaining,
using, copying, alerting or disclosing the content of this message. Thank you
for your co-operation.