* Re: The pnfs-submit tree with renaming done.
       [not found]     ` <AANLkTimw2oFRvLbrHAgTY7zoWQG15qhyz33k9+t69Xv=@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2010-08-24 14:42       ` Benny Halevy
From: Benny Halevy @ 2010-08-24 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: William A. (Andy) Adamson, NFS list

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the tarball you sent with the pnfs-submit patchset
with renamed types.

I merged into the tree and applied the renames onto the post submit patches
and obj/block layout drivers.

I added some renames for the callback code to match
the existing naming convention and did a bit of cleanup of the patchset
and the post submit series, including splicing the tail of the submit patchset
into the post submit branch head.

I revived the "pnfsd, pnfs: protocol level pnfs constants" preliminary patch
as it contains no-brainer nfsv4.1 definitions that Trond already agreed
can be submitted as a whole and not per use.
This simplifies rebasing of the pnfs-submit branch as pnfs-submit-all
and makes more sense overall IMO.

I also resurrected Bruce's stats code in the "remove this unused code"
patch, and added a question mark for this patch as I think it requires
more through review to agree exactly what should go away for good.
(Some of it is obvious and I should've probably put it aside...)

I released this clean version as pnfs-all-2.6.35-2010-08-24
ad I'm working on rebasing onto 2.6.36-rc1.

At this point, I'd like to close the 2.6.35 stream for new features
and release only fixes to it from now on.

Benny

* Re: The pnfs-submit tree with renaming done.
@ 2010-08-24 16:34         ` William A. (Andy) Adamson
From: William A. (Andy) Adamson @ 2010-08-24 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benny Halevy; +Cc: NFS list

Thanks Benny - looks great :)