* Where can I find -rc kernels?
@ 2010-11-01 10:01 Ramya Desai
From: Ramya Desai @ 2010-11-01 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Dear All,

Generally, I download the stable kernels from
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/ However, I did not find a
link, like this, for -rc kernels. Please let me know, from where can I
download the -rc kernels. Please provide a link to me.

Thanks and Regards,
Ramya.

* Re: Where can I find -rc kernels?
@ 2010-11-01 10:17 ` Justin P. Mattock
From: Justin P. Mattock @ 2010-11-01 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ramya Desai; +Cc: linux-kernel

On 11/01/2010 03:01 AM, Ramya Desai wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Generally, I download the stable kernels from
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/ However, I did not find a
> link, like this, for -rc kernels. Please let me know, from where can I
> download the -rc kernels. Please provide a link to me.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Ramya.

why not just do a git clone of linus's tree then do a git reset --hard
v2.6*(some rc version you need...)

this way you do not need to depend on kernel.org providing you the kernel...

(as for the site..no idea what happened there..)

Justin P. Mattock

* Re: Where can I find -rc kernels?
@ 2010-11-01 12:16 ` Simon Horman
From: Simon Horman @ 2010-11-01 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ramya Desai; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 03:31:30PM +0530, Ramya Desai wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Generally, I download the stable kernels from
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/ However, I did not find a
> link, like this, for -rc kernels. Please let me know, from where can I
> download the -rc kernels. Please provide a link to me.

Is this what you are after?

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/testing/

* Re: Where can I find -rc kernels?
@ 2010-11-01 12:54   ` Ramya Desai
From: Ramya Desai @ 2010-11-01 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Horman; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 5:46 PM, Simon Horman <horms@verge.net.au> wrote:

> Is this what you are after?
>
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/testing/

Simon,

I did not find the complete sources in that link. I need complete
sources by which I can build the kernel images. OR Is there any
procedure for merging these changes into any stable kernel version
(2.6.36) for making it 2.6.37-rc1.

@ 2010-11-01 13:05     ` trapDoor
From: trapDoor @ 2010-11-01 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ramya Desai; +Cc: Simon Horman, linux-kernel

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Ramya Desai <ramya.desai@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 5:46 PM, Simon Horman <horms@verge.net.au> wrote:
>>
>> Is this what you are after?
>>
>> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/testing/
>
> Simon,
>
> I did not find the complete sources in that link. I need complete
> sources by which I can build the kernel images. OR Is there any
> procedure for merging these changes into any stable kernel version
> (2.6.36) for making it 2.6.37-rc1.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Ramya.

I guess It just hasn't been published there yet. Not present in git
tree either - I still have 2.6.36-09871-g3985c7c and 'git pull' says:
Already up-to-date.

Tomasz

* Re: Where can I find -rc kernels?
@ 2010-11-01 13:11       ` trapDoor
From: trapDoor @ 2010-11-01 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ramya Desai; +Cc: Simon Horman, linux-kernel

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 1:05 PM, trapDoor <trapdoor6@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Ramya Desai <ramya.desai@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 5:46 PM, Simon Horman <horms@verge.net.au> wrote:
>>>
>>> Is this what you are after?
>>>
>>> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/testing/
>>
>> Simon,
>>
>> I did not find the complete sources in that link. I need complete
>> sources by which I can build the kernel images. OR Is there any
>> procedure for merging these changes into any stable kernel version
>> (2.6.36) for making it 2.6.37-rc1.
>>
>> Thanks and Regards,
>> Ramya.
>
> I guess It just hasn't been published there yet. Not present in git
> tree either - I still have 2.6.36-09871-g3985c7c and 'git pull' says:
> Already up-to-date.

It's out now at http://www.kernel.org/
But still can't pull it from git.

Tomasz

* Re: Where can I find -rc kernels?
@ 2010-11-01 13:57         ` Ryusuke Konishi
From: Ryusuke Konishi @ 2010-11-01 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: trapdoor6; +Cc: ramya.desai, horms, linux-kernel

On Mon, 1 Nov 2010 13:11:58 +0000, trapDoor <trapdoor6@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 1:05 PM, trapDoor <trapdoor6@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Simon,
> >>
> >> I did not find the complete sources in that link. I need complete
> >> sources by which I can build the kernel images. OR Is there any
> >> procedure for merging these changes into any stable kernel version
> >> (2.6.36) for making it 2.6.37-rc1.
> >>
> >> Thanks and Regards,
> >> Ramya.
> >
> > I guess It just hasn't been published there yet. Not present in git
> > tree either - I still have 2.6.36-09871-g3985c7c and 'git pull' says:
> > Already up-to-date.
> >

> It's out now at http://www.kernel.org/
> But still can't pull it from git.
>

> --
> Thanks,
> Tomasz

v2.6.37-rc1 is in the git tree.

It looks like only master branch hasn't been updated yet.

Ryusuke Konishi

* Re: Where can I find -rc kernels?
@ 2010-11-01 14:27           ` Ramya Desai
From: Ramya Desai @ 2010-11-01 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ryusuke Konishi; +Cc: trapdoor6, horms, linux-kernel

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 7:27 PM, Ryusuke Konishi
<konishi.ryusuke@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:

>> > I guess It just hasn't been published there yet. Not present in git
>> > tree either - I still have 2.6.36-09871-g3985c7c and 'git pull' says:
>> > Already up-to-date.
>> >
>> It's out now at http://www.kernel.org/
>> But still can't pull it from git.
>> Thanks,
>> Tomasz
>
> v2.6.37-rc1 is in the git tree.
>
> It looks like only master branch hasn't been updated yet.
>
> Ryusuke Konishi

Dear All,

Thanks to every one.

The kernel version 2.6.37-rc1 is NOW available at
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/testing/. I guess, it is
updated recently. Anyhow, thanks to all.

Thanks and Regards,
Ramya.