* incohenrence between defconf, .config and /proc/config.gz
@ 2019-09-06  8:49 María del Mar Velasco AERTEC Solutions – Aerospace & Aviation
From: María del Mar Velasco AERTEC Solutions – Aerospace & Aviation @ 2019-09-06  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Dear all,

I have built an image after doing changes in kernel config by adding a layer that adds lines in .config file. This changes lead me to an undesired configuration, so I decided to undo the last kernel config. When I remove the layer that adds lines in .config file, I ensure that kernel is clean by doing bitbake -c cleanall linux-xxx. Then I build again the image. I can see .config file is exactly equal than defconf kernel file. However, when I write image into the target, /proc/config.gz file is inconsistent with .config file and it preserves some lines that are missing in .config file.

Could somebody give me an advice about this issue? Why /proc/config.gz is not equal than .config file?

Thanks in advance

* Re: incohenrence between defconf, .config and /proc/config.gz
@ 2019-09-10  9:44 ` María del Mar Velasco AERTEC Solutions – Aerospace & Aviation
From: María del Mar Velasco AERTEC Solutions – Aerospace & Aviation @ 2019-09-10  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hello all,

I have found that if I write the image using the created *.wic file, kernel config is correctly updated (/proc/config.gz and .config are coherent). However if I use the created *.ext4 file to write a rootfs partition of target, previous kernel config still remains (kernel config used when target was written for first time using *.wic file still remains).

Any idea about how to keep kernel config updates in *.ext4 file?

Thanks in advance

@ 2019-09-10 13:25   ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2019-09-10 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: María del Mar Velasco AERTEC Solutions – Aerospace