From: Claudius Ellsel <claudius.ellsel@live.de>
To: Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar@gmail.com>,
	Roman Mamedov <rm@romanrm.net>, Remi Gauvin <remi@georgianit.com>
Cc: linux-btrfs <linux-btrfs@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: AW: WG: How to properly setup for snapshots
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 18:35:57 +0000	[thread overview]

I was aware that snapshots are basically subvolumes. Currently I am looking for an easy way to achieve what I want. I currently just want to be able to create manual snapshots and an easy way to restore stuff on file level. For that (including the management of snapshots), snapper seems to be the best way, as btrfs does not offer such features (in an easy way) out of the box afaict.

Unfortunately the documentation for snapper is also not nice, I just had a closer look again. The best I could find was the Arch wiki but that also starts right away with how to create a config (without telling whether that is even needed for basic usage).

Ultimately I'd like to have a btrfs Wiki entry for snapshots and am willing to help with it.