From: Charles Hedrick <hedrick@rutgers.edu>
To: NeilBrown <neilb@suse.de>
Cc: Chuck Lever III <chuck.lever@oracle.com>,
	Benjamin Coddington <bcodding@redhat.com>,
	Patrick Goetz <pgoetz@math.utexas.edu>,
Subject: Re: more problems with NFS. sort of repeatable problem with vmplayer
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 22:55:26 +0000	[thread overview]

Thanks. We’re now into classes, so our priorities are supporting students. Unfortunately this isn’t the only issue we have to resolve.

 I’ll try to get this info, just not today. We asked the course using vmplayer to put their VM in local storage, or to use kvm. So far no problems. The default kvm setup doesn’t use direct.

Does direct mode get turned into direct mode on the server? If so I should look into the state of direct support in the version of ZFS we have.